Friday, January 9, 2009

Change is coming....

Let's just say I've been working on changing up the look of my blog, but this isn't it by any means! I thought it would be easy enough to find a template from another site and just follow the simple 1-2-3 instructions (am I naive' or what?! haha), but there's a few things I didn't realize. Most importantly, do NOT let your spouse who knows even less than you about blogs try to help you. He really, truly meant well, but he didn't know once you confirm a new template, you lose your widgets. Yeah, so not only did I lose my widgets (my blog role went "poof"), I seriously lost my mind in the frustration of it all. But it's a new day and I know I'll get this figured out eventually. So this is the "in-between look" until I can figure out all the finer points of changing to a different blog template! (Anyone else wonder why Blogger offers so few template choices?!) But if anyone has any advice or would be willing to walk me through this, I'd be incredibly appreciative (and so would Kirk! ; )


5 comments:

Brandy said...

Go to www.thecutestblogontheblock.com
All you need to do is add the HTML gadget in blogger, find a template you like from there and copy the code. Paste that code into the html gadget. Viola, you're done!
What I like about this website is you DO NOT lose your widgets. :)

Tara K said...

haha I went through the same deal.... had to create my blog roll all over again! So I can't really help you much, except to say that I know how you're feeling :-)
And that it will be worth it, cuz I love having a new look

Cassie said...

I have been thinking that I need a new one too, so I am glad that I had your warning!

Miss you girl and love ya!

Romi said...

YOU ROCK, Brandy!!! That site is awesome!! TY, TY a bazillion times for sharing (and making Kirk feel better! ; ) Now the dilemma is picking which background...decisions, decisions! lol Hope you have an awesome week...I'll try to connect with you soon!
xoxoxo

And Tara - Now I don't feel so bad and glad I'm not the only one! Thanks for relating and understanding my pain! ; ) And ftr, I really like the look of your blog and promise to go back and respond to some of your posts soon! : ) Whenever you want to change it up again, you should definitely checkout the site Brandy recommended!

Hola Cassie! I'm glad someone can learn from my booboo's! But to avoid, check out Brandy's site!
Miss u too and def. praying for you! xoxooxoxoxo

Richard said...

I think this looks pretty sweet, Romi... eclectic but organized, just like you :).