Friday, September 24, 2010

Use Your Past Wisely

There is nothing more damaging to your future potential than spending your present dwelling on the past. Whatever has happened is over. Glory or defeat, once the clock struck midnight, the day was done. You are reborn each morning, and who you are each day is defined by what you do that day and that day only. You are not your past. You are only your present and your present actions will determine your future. Yet allow the past to instruct you so you can be wiser moving forward, but don’t let it continue to suck you backwards and beat you down. Look back for lessons, not excuses.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

I realize I am reading this weeks later, but I really needed to hear this! I love that God has given me you to speak into my life.... even when I havent seen you in a couple weeks!

Miss you and love you!

Romi said...

Definitely have been missing you too, Sweet Cup Cass!!! Glad this spoke to you exactly when you needed it!! : )

You should have come last Sunday...Katie and I had fun making commentary on the hot sex talk (or it was more like I had fun and in the process, I made Katie really uncomfortable? lol Guess you'll have to ask her! ; ) Bear in mind I was punchy and overtired!

Hope all is going good with school and work!! I can't believe it's been a while since I last saw you!! We definitely need to catch up in the not too distant future! Let me know when you have some time!! : ) xoxoxo