Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Something else to be grateful for!



I think TOMS are incredibly fashionable, versatile, well-made, and most importantly oh so comfy!! I use to have a cute red pair, but somehow left them behind at a nashville hotel (what was I thinking?? And when I called about them, they were no where to be found. : ( But the best part about these shoes is that they're for such a great cause!! So I think it's time to get myself another pair...the problem though is which pair! I'm open to suggestions!

PS: Okay, reality check here...in just the short time that I posted the above, God has really been convicting my heart. In as much as I'd love to have another pair of TOMS, the reality is I have more than enough shoes and I just cannot and should not justify spending that money on myself! Instead I think I'll gift a pair or two to people who I know aren't already familiar with TOMS and some who aren't in a position to afford to buy them. TOMS actually offers a gifting platform on their site, where you can give the gift of TOMS without knowing the person's shoe size or style preference. Honestly I've already experienced the joy on multiple levels of owning a pair of TOMS and how it put a pair of shoes on a child somewhere. Now it's time to let someone else experience that joy! Thank you God for convicting my heart and for causing me to listen this time! : )

2 comments:

Richard said...

those seem pretty cool :)

Brandy said...

Oh Romi, that's a fantastic idea. :)
Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family.