Friday, February 6, 2009

Just had to share this...

Here's an excerpt of what a friend recently sent to me to share her thanks and her love for her friends. It was incredibly touching and something I'll cherish for a lifetime. But that's not exactly why I'm sharing it. I share it because she get's "it"...the connection between Jesus and friends. Read it and you'll see what I mean.....

"Interesting how when I first imagined finding Christ, I would close my eyes and try to picture him. What he looked like, what he was wearing etc. I'd catch glimpses of him in prayer now and then, but sometimes I would try so hard and all I could squeeze out in my brain were just features from pictures I have seen all my life. Silly me, all I really had to do was open my eyes. He has been closer than I could have hoped! He is here in person, in the flesh and I get to hug him every time I hug you guys, cause that is where he is.

The point of this email is that I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. I want to make sure, and in writing, that you know how much I value your friendship. I want you to keep this email in your bibles or somewhere close as a reminder that the days you are feeling useless, or like God is not using you, or you are not doing enough, that such thoughts are lies and you are sadly mistaken. God uses you in ways that you just don’t even realize. It is with that, I pray everyone in the world have friends like mine whose heart radiates the love of Christ."

0 comments: