Saturday, April 19, 2008

There's hope for me, there's hope for you

No matter where you are at this moment, if you haven't found God's plan/purpose for your life, don't give up, keep seeking it. There's nothing in your past or your present that He can't use. We've all veered off course from time to time, but reading the stories of God's people shows that "blowing it" isn't unusual. It's actually part of the learning curve.

When we come into this world kicking and screaming, none of us know exactly what we're suppose to be or do with our lives. I often have wondered, "am I ever going to get to where He wants me to be?" But Jeremiah 29:11-14 (The Message) gives me great hope especially when I don't have a clue what He wants me to do for Him...God spoke to his people who'd spent their last 70 years in Babylonian slavery as a result of having done things the wrong way. "I know hwat I'm doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. When you come looking for me, you'll find me. Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be diappointed...I'll turn things around for you." If that's not hope to hold onto, than I don't know what is!

0 comments: