Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wanted, the movie

I really enjoyed this flick! It’s fast, it’s fun, and it involves an office worker with the crappiest life ever grabbing hold of his destiny with both hands and doing something about it...albeit a tad far fetched and rather bloody for my taste. Definitely a bit daft, but if you like a spot of semi-mindless entertainment, some good special effects, and of course some glamorous peeps driving fast cars and shooting lots of guns this would be it. I'd say it’s a combination of Fight Club, The Matrix, and 300 all rolled into one. There are some pretty ridiculous/ hilarious moments, perfect for an action film. It doesn’t seem to take itself too seriously which actually makes it enjoyable. The visuals are very nice, and there is a slight comic book aesthetic to it which I always enjoy. And James MacAvoy is so fantastic!! I've been enjoying his work since Shameless and I am glad he's doing so well these days and gets to pick the roles he wants to do.

0 comments: