Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Desparate times require desparate measures...

I've had a nasty sore throat all day and nothing, nada would take the pain of it away. I tried the lozengers, chloroseptic throat spray, hot tea, and gargling with warm salt water (that just made me thirsty) to no avail. The soreness was still stuck in my throat until I got the idea to use some of that liquid lemon juice that comes in the yellow lemon shaped container. I tried diluting some in water, but that didn't seem to help much. By this time, I was desparate to try anything, so I just squirted a bit in my throat and low and behold within minutes my sore throat was gone!! WooHoo!! Now if I could only get that puckered look off my face...it's been 4o minutes and it's just not going away! But I'll take that anyday over a sore throat!

Lemon juice, it does a sore throat good!! Ahhhh....sweet relief! Thank you God for creating lemons! : )

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Romi! Hi! *Waves* Yay for blogs. I have a blog over on Xanga, which is the one I've had for awhile. But recently came over here because so many people have blogs here. I just copy what is on Xanga and put it over here.
Summer colds must be going around! I just got over one.
Feel better soon! And tell the girls I said hi and I miss their faces!

Cassie said...

I will have to remember that!! Also something that works for me is a mixture of 1/2 sprite and 1/2 cranberry juice. And its yummy! :)

Romi said...

Hey Brandy n Cassie!
Double bonus for moi`...Thanks for stopping by! : ) There's no better remedy for when you're ailing than good blog company (that way nobody catches anybodies sickies!)

And indeed, summer colds stink, plain and simple. Nothing's worse than it being a bazillion degrees outside and your head is ready to explode from snot compression. Sorry but there's just no nice way of saying it...it is what it is! lol Anyway I'm glad you're over your cold, Brandy. I think I'm over the worst and now just sound like a foghorn! lol

And wow, that drink sounds delicious, Cassie...I never would have thought to mix the two. I'll have to go fix myself a glass or more like a gallon...I tend to drink like a fish!