Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Desparate times requires desparate measures, part 2

Okay...so continuing on this theme....I was lying wide awake in bed last night unable to breath through my nose. After taking several cold meds that didn't do squat other than leave me feeling like I was treading air, I was at my wits end and pretty desparate to figure out how on earth to open up my nasal passages short of physically ripping them open (let's just say I'd had enough nasal congestion. Did I mention I despise being sick and fight it every inch of the way?!) I wanted to use the Vick's Vapo Rub but that always makes my skin feel like it's on fire, but I knew that stuff worked. So being the tired and lazy person I was at the time, I just opened up the jar, stuck it under my nose, and proceeding to suck in the menthol fumes through my mouth. After about 30 minutes of that, things started finally happenin'!! WooHooo for nasal breakthroughs!! Ahhh....breathing in and out through my nose (how we take that for granted, huh?!) and I was finally able to fall asleep! Thank you God for whoever invented Vicks Vapo Rub (you can bet I'll be checking into that!)

1 comments:

Brandy said...

Okay two things that Vicks has that ISN'T the rub, Breathe Right strips with Vicks in them. If I am really conjested, I put one of those on my nose. They work!! Also, I have Shower Soothers which is heavenly. It's a thing you put in your shower and when the hot water hits it, it evaporates and the steam is like you're smelling Vicks. My favorite is the lavender mint. Try them...they might help. They usually open up the nasal passage for me.
Feel better soon!