Monday, December 8, 2008

Back on my feet


I recently learned about this amazing non-profit organization called Back On My Feet and I really hope you'll take the time to check it out! It's truly one of the more innovative ways to help empower the homeless and help them literally and figuratively back on their feet!

http://backonmyfeet.org/main/areas/about.us/overview.html
And please check out the video link below of the founder, Anne Mahlum. She's somebody I would love to see speak at Leadership Summit!!

3 comments:

Tara K said...

Oh I love this!! It's incredible. I love to see people stepping up and doing something about the problems in our world. Thanks for sharing

Brandy said...

So, we all know of my love for the homeless population.
So, this was pretty much fantastic. :D

Romi said...

Hey Tara and Brandy, glad you were as excited about this as I was! The thing I love so much about this organization is how it taps into the power of running and empowers and impacts people regardless of race, age, and socieconomic status on so many different levels!! And all it took was one person willing to be the change and make a difference. This truly is hope intersecting culture! How cool if a chapter was started in AZ! : )