Tuesday, September 2, 2008

God shows up in the most interesting places...

The other day while I was engaging in some retail therapy at ROSS (oh how it does a girl good! : ), I had some clothing items to try on and sauntered through the Ross dressing room maze and finally settled on one toward the back. I pulled the door shut and hung up my items. As I was about to get the first item off its' hanger, I noticed some writing on the wall with a beautifully drawn butterfly. I was going to just ignore it as some graffiti, but something kept telling me to read it. So I indulged that little voice and read it. Here's what it said...."It's so hard to wait around for something you know might not happen, but it's even harder when you know it's everything you want." Wow! Right then, I knew God was speaking to me!! Did it give me answers to my waiting quest? No, not at all. But what it did give me was assurance and hope that He's with me and has been with me every step of the way and He knows I'm still down here waiting on Him. And it really will be okay and in his timing He will reveal His plans for me.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

wow is right. thank you for sharing this... I really needed to hear it at this point in my life. It is just so hard to wait on His timing sometimes!!! I know that He is going to work it all out and it will be worth the wait.

Brandy said...

I LOVE Ross!!!!! It's seriously the best place to feed my purse fetish without draining my bank account. :D
That's pretty amazing what was written on the wall. I always have my camera with me, I would of totally snapped a pic of that. Yeah, I'm weird like that.
I decided to just keep the one blog, so if you want to keep up on my happenings, here's the link.
www.xanga.com/iknowhimdou
And if you want to leave a comment, just click anon. You don't need an account. :D

Romi said...

Hey Cassie,
I'm so glad it spoke to you and you could relate to the "waiting game"!! I agree 110%...IT'S HARD!!! But His ways and plans are waaaay better than our own, and it WILL be worth the wait. Too many times I've done stupid, impulsive things to speed things along only for it to backfire. So I guess all we can do is obediently wait on Him and keep each other encouraged!! : )

Romi said...

Wooohooo, Brandy you're a Ross gal too!!!! Kirk keeps telling me I should buy stock in Ross or just work there, but then that just wouldn't be as fun! Seriously I have a purse fetish too...it's a running joke in our household. Always in the back of my mind I wonder what I'd do if Ross ever went out of business...oh perish the thought! : 0 Also, did you know that there's another store affiliated with and owned by Ross (it has even better bargains than Ross!) It's called Deedee's and it's located on Alma School Road a little past Ray.

And I actually did take a pic of the writing with my camera phone. I'm not very tech savvy when it comes to uploading stuff on my computer, so I'm waiting on Kirk to help me out so I can get it on my blog.

And thanks for your other blog link. I'll be visiting soon! : )