Sunday, September 28, 2008

Worship inspires worship

A friend recently posted this on his blog and I thought I'd share it here with you..."Worship is a learned behavior. Worship is modeled by the saints who have gone before us and the worshippers who surround us. When we sing in church, the new believer learns from the person caught up in passionate praise standing next to them. When we dish out chicken noodle soup in a soup kitchen, the old believer is reminded to give their lives as an offering. Just like Jesus said, as he held the dirty heel of Peter in one hand and a towel in His other, "I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you."

Indeed, worship does inspire worship!

3 comments:

Brandy said...

Oh that was perfect. With everything else this weekend, it was a perfect end to my weekend.

Andrea Sipe said...

I agree . . . I can completely tell the difference between worshiping with someone (up front) who is just performing, as opposed to someone who is truly worshiping. Doesn't matter to me who the "best musician" is - I always prefer the one who is most in-love with God! :)

Romi said...

AMEN, Andrea!!!

And Brandy, so glad this ended your weekend on a great note! PLUS, it was so terrific for me and Kirk to get to see you at 3F!! : )