Monday, October 6, 2008

Shine some hope

I know we were made to shine. There are colors and nuances yet to be exposed in all of us. We hide ourselves to fit into the darkness that has wrapped around this world, but every now and then light reflects off our surfaces and the beauty we were created with is revealed.

As Believers we're to be voices of hope, encountering culture and relevantly communicating the purposes of God for all humanity. Today people are not looking for a hell to get out of or a heaven to get into, but a reason to live and to die, a purpose. The world must know that this is what the God of the living offers. Those who have come to know Jesus must see the hope of God in people. Just as God believes in us more than we believe in Him, we must believe in people more than they may believe in themselves. Hope is not something new to believe in, but a new life as it was intended to be lived. This hope is in a life before death, not just after.

3 comments:

Brandy said...

The first line of this post made me sing a part from "Mighty to Save"...the part that says, "Shine your light and let the whole world see."
*Sigh* I really love that song.
And you're post is right on about reasons to live and to die. I see it all the time.
You know, you're pretty good at this blogging thing. :)

Romi said...

That's a cool connection and I love that song too!

And swell! I really appreciate your encouragement and especially for reading my blog! ; ) I've got some catching up to do on yours and get back to you on FB.

Mega blessings, Brandy and keep on keepin' on!!

Romi said...

Oh and I also meant to add...what's really important to me is just as God believes in us more than we believe in Him, we must believe in people more than they may believe in themselves. We really need to encourage each other in order to help our lights shine the brightest it can. We all have the potential for that but I feel the critical element is "belief" and "faith" in each other. Without that, it really is hard to go it alone and really shine, isn't it?