Friday, October 24, 2008

A Sundry of Firsts

1. My husband and I will have the absolute privilege and joy to baptize one of our daughters (Dana) on Sunday, November 2nd at the 6:30pm 3F service http://www.thirdformat.com/. We'd so love it if you could come and share in this special time with us. Dana is and has always been such a special blessing and gift. From the get go she's had a huge passion and thirst for Jesus and for others to know Him. She's been like my little mentor all along. I'll never forget her encounter with a neighborhood friend when she was just 5 years old....I was doing some yard work while Dana was playing with her friend and I overheard their conversation (okay, I eavesdropped, sue me I'm a mom already! lol):
Dana: "Do you go to church?"
Her friend: "Nah, our family doesn't do that stuff."
Dana: "So you don't know Jesus??! You need to know Jesus!"
Her friend: "Am I suppose to?"
Dana: "Yeah. I'll show you some pictures of Him from my Bible."

And now at 12, Dana has been talking about going into ministry....well, I should say she first wants to pursue acting and then ministry. Still, it just melts my heart to hear that!! And it's thanks to all the "fingerprints" from the people at Central that have cared enough to mold, shape, and refine her heart as well as our whole family's heart for Jesus. God is oh so good!!

And get this, the date we chose for her baptism appeared to be random, but come to find out one of her favorite and most impactful Sunday school teachers, the ever so lovely Ms. Brandy Baker, was baptized on the same date six years ago!! Talk about special!! : )

1. Me doing the PF Chang 1/2 Marathon in January!! I didn't think I'd be ready for it, probably because I purposely didn't focus or pressure myself to be ready, but somehow I'm fitter than I expected from my training. I'm averaging 6 + miles and will be uping that incrementally, so the hope is by January I should have no problem with 13 miles, barring any injuries, etc. We'll see....I'm cautiously optimistic and excited!!

1. I've discovered the "electric eyelash curler"!!! I'm so excited!! I had no idea such a wonder, miracle tool existed until the men's challenge weekend. Thank you, Stacey Gonzalez!! See what happens when you room with a bunch of women? You can't help but learn new things all the time! lol I know you're all laughing, but I bet you didn't know it existed either, did you?!

More firsts to come in future posts, but that's all for now! : )

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one!" ~ C.S. Lewis

3 comments:

Brandy said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. Your girls have always had a special place in my heart. And that totally is Dana talking to the neighbors! And to know that I might of influenced her walk with Jesus melts my heart and wells my eyes up with tears.
I will be there to celebrate both of our "birthdays".

Romi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Romi said...

YEAH!! We're all looking forward to it and having you share in it, Brandy! : )